MOT question - badbusdriver

My Piaggio Porter truck is going for a service, MOT and a few other bits and bobs on Friday. One of the issues which has cropped up is that the catch to hold the passenger seat upright has broken (this being the truck, the backrest folds forward on to the base, then the whole thing lifts up, hinged at the rear, to allow engine access). I had asked my (new) trusted indy to fix it, assuming it would just be a case of welding the broken section, which I have, back in place. But I decided to remove the seat today and have a look, the prognosis being that due to the condition of the part of the seat frame the bit broke off from is that it won't fix.

Now I did buy a 2nd hand seat off Ebay this afternoon, but there is no way it will arrive before the start of next week at the earliest. That got me thinking though, the seat is still currently off, so if I put it for its MOT with no passenger seat, would that be a fail?

MOT question - gordonbennet

Many years ago when it was a case of keeping vans under a certain weight (30/35cwt rings a bell and possibly 3 tons too) we'd be busy removing everything we could for the weighing, one of the first things to go was the passenger seat, spare wheel soon followed it, cupful of fuel in the tank.

Course things might have changed now, but our Prado is an 8 seater, the rear set are removed to maximise doggie room and have never been in for the test in our ownership, the MOT tester just states rear seats not fitted on the certificate.

MOT question - elekie&a/c doctor
Not a fail . If it’s not there , it can’t be tested , but the seat belt needs to be in working order .
MOT question - badbusdriver

That is what I had hoped, just wanted to confirm.

Thanks GB and Doc!