Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - Poor Iris

My local garage fitted a meyle kit of rear suspension parts (which I supplied) However now the ride is not right,it feels as if there is no suspension at all,the slightest bump in the road and bang,thud,I read that I might have a sports suspension,but the garage and me are stumped any idea what could be going wrong. (1.6l,hatch SHDA engine) thanks.

Edited by Poor Iris on 31/10/2023 at 14:28

Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like the parts are not compatible. Can’t you fit original specifications parts ?
Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - Poor Iris

Hi,thanks for your reply.The replacement parts were compared to the originals before fitting and were the same.I spoke to Meyle who contacted the German head office where they confirmed that the parts would fit my vehicle.I chose the Meyle parts as there is a video on youtube where the man used the same parts to refurbish his Focus.The parts from Ford would cost £800 ish,which is too much.So I am a bit stuck !

Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - elekie&a/c doctor
Not sure how a set of shocks and springs can cost £800 . Unfortunately the parts you have bought have upset the ride . A different manufacturer of parts will probably fix your issue, but as you have supplied the parts , I guess the garage will want to charge you again as it’s not their problem.

Yes they will,thanks for your reply.

Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - edlithgow

What are the bushings made of?

I understand "Sporty" suspension setups sometimes have harder bushing material (for example, polyurethane) which MIGHT give a harder ride.

Longshot, but you MIGHT be able to replace just the bushings (probably need a press) rather than all the kit

Edited by edlithgow on 03/11/2023 at 01:26

Focus mk 2 Facelift 2010 - Rear lower control track arm and suspension parts - edlithgow

www.ecstuning.com/b-meyle-hd-parts/c-suspension-bu.../

Top of the page

"Heavy Duty Control Arm Bushing Set

With mounting brackets & hardware

Featuring solid rubber bushings for improved road feel and longevity - with a four year limited warranty"

Maybe thats what you got, and would prefer less solid (ie softer, maybe with voids) rubber bushings with less road feel and a shorter life