Hovercraft needed - tourantass
Hi, Can anyone suggest anything sensible thats got a "proper" automatic gearbox has a reasonably high seating position, not too big, cheap, and can deal with potholes, raised junctions, sleeping police men, speed cushions etc. as I am really not enjoying driving anymore, my current little "tide us over" Hyundai Getz ( my Touran recently died die to a blown turbo followed by gearbox failure) is like me getting shaken to bits, and doesn't know which is the best gear to be in, i'm thinking of driving in a bubble wrap suit. Any ideas?
Hovercraft needed - gordonbennet

Last time i drove one the most basic Hyundai Accent had a fantastic ride over rough roads, mind you it was on steel wheels with wheeltrims and sensible 14" tyres and the old rounded shape probably now nearly all scrapped.

Xsara Picasso with petrol engine has a proper auto box (i have no idea about reliability etc) and has Berlingo suspension and can cope with the roads, Berlingo 1 would have perfect if it came as auto.

Subaru Forester/Outback another possibility.

Whatever you buy the smaller the wheels and larger the tyres the better.

Best ride of all are older Jags Lexus 400 or Toyotas airsprung Amazon, but probably not your thing.

Edited by gordonbennet on 02/09/2013 at 00:06

Hovercraft needed - Happy Blue!

I second G 's suggestion of Subarus. Non-turbo versions of the Forester and lower powered versions of the Legacy or Out back have superb rides.