hyundai ix35 - faulty gearbox(repair cost)help. - gvmllr

hi all just wondering if someone could help me abit..i bought a car from a well established car sales,i got the car on monthly installments,its a used car. ive had the car for 2 months(61000 on clock),i noticed that when i put it in reverse gear there was a jerking noise,also in other gears..i took the car to the car centre and they put it on diagnostic machine,results came back that theres a fault within the gearbox in reverse and 5th gear. could anyone tell me where i stand with regards to the cost to repair. my car is booked back in next month to get the gearbox stripped and hopefully repaired. now i explained to the parts person dealing with me that i have a 2 year warrenty with the car and that i also bought another 2 year warrenty making 4 years warrenty,he looked at me like i was daft then says ah ok...surely under the sale of goods act they should be liable for the repair costs as ive only had it 2 months..theyre trying to sting me for £50 for a diagnostics they done today which i didnt know about..any advice please as i dont want to get stung. thanks..

hyundai ix35 - faulty gearbox(repair cost)help. - sajid

Hi mate take your car back to where u bought it from as it a fault pre existing looks like it may need a new clutch sales of goods act will cover u for any preexisting faults for 6 months

hyundai ix35 - faulty gearbox(repair cost)help. - gvmllr

thanks for that mate,thought so myself..

hyundai ix35 - faulty gearbox(repair cost)help. - Big John

Worth a read:-

www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights